Skip to main content
The NC Japan Center:
- Conducts the annual “North Carolina & Japan: Trade & Investment Conference,” the premier venue in our state for examining current dimensions of US-Japan and NC-Japan economic relations.
- Participates in North Carolina’s delegation to the annual Southeast United States-Japan Conference, including pre-trip briefings and training for delegates.
- Hosts visiting Japanese business delegations interested in learning about investment and development opportunities in our state.
- Conducts briefings on customs, business etiquette, and communications issues and recommends resources for North Carolina executives entering the Japanese market.
- Gives briefings on Japanese business and management practices for North Carolinians employed by Japanese-owned firms in the state or hosting Japanese visitors.
- Advises on social adjustment issues for Japanese people residing in North Carolina, as well as supports families of those emigrating from Japan to live and work in our state.
- Provides information resources on life in North Carolina.
- Speaks at various public venues and writes for newsletters to encourage North Carolinians to consider entering the Japanese market.
- Provides a Japanese translation of the NC Driver’s Handbook, and of the written examination for a driver’s license.