The NC Japan Center is part of North Carolina State University in the Office of Global Engagement, Office of the Provost. Its mission of outreach is in keeping with NC State’s commitment as a land grant university to community service.
The teaching staff for the Center’s non-credit Japanese language courses includes Ms. Reiko Chosokabe, Ms. Mari Mantooth, Ms. Michiko Kasajima, Ms. Masako Regan, Ms. Beniko Iwakura, and Ms.Maiko Arimura with NC State Professor Eika Tai as advisor. The program is coordinated by Ms. Reiko Chosokabe.
Academic Advisory Committee
The Academic Advisory Committee counsels the Center on its academic programs and is comprised of professors and senior administrators from NC State with broad representation across its colleges.
Board of Advisors
The Board of Advisors includes prominent citizens of North Carolina who have a strong interest in Japan and US-Japan relations.
Current and Past Directors
- Jonathan Brewster, Director (2018 – present)
- John Baugh, Director (2009 – 2017)
- Betsy Brown, Director (2007 – 2008)
- Francis “Tony” Moyer, Director (1996 – 2007)
- David Spencer Robinson, Deputy Director (2000 – 2002)
- John Sylvester, Jr., Director (1981 – 1996)
- Reiko Chosokabe
Advisor of Language Programs
- Eika Tai, Ph.D.
- Junjiro Sumikawa