Deputy Director: (2000 – 2002)
Mr. Robinson was born in Jacksonville, Florida in 1965. He received his B.S. Degree in Foreign Service from Georgetown University in 1987. From 1985 to 1986 he was an exchange student at Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan. Following his graduation from Georgetown University, Mr. Robinson received his J.D. Degree from the George Washington University National Law Center in 1990. During his undergraduate and law school studies, Mr. Robinson worked on Capitol Hill and for various private trade and business entities in the Washington, DC area.
Mr. Robinson owns his own law practice. He was formerly with the firms of Graham & James (1990 – 1996: international trade attorney) and Moore & Van Allen (1996 – 1998: international and corporate M&A attorney and Of Counsel). Mr. Robinson practices primarily in the areas of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, foreign corporate relocations, international trade and immigration, and venture capital finance. His corporate experience includes many M&A transactions in the healthcare, transportation, logistics and service sectors. His corporate start-up work has included the incorporation of a number of entities, both in the United States and in off-shore locations as well. His international experience includes corporate and trade transactions in the EU, Asia, Australia, the Peoples Republic of China, the former Soviet Union, South America, and the Middle East. Mr. Robinson is proficient in Japanese and lectures frequently on general international and Japanese culture and business practices.
Mr. Robinson is also a frequent lecturer on international trade and business start-up issues. He is active in many roles in the business community, including:
- North Carolina Japan Center, Adjunct
- US and China Foundation, Executive Committee Member
- North Carolina Small Shared FSC Association, Director and Officer
- American University of the Middle East, Amman, Steering Committee Member
- North Carolina Nippon Club, Officer and Director
- City of Raleigh Grants Committee, Member
- NC Export Outreach Program; Frequent Lecturer
- Research Triangle World Trade Center, Member and Frequent Lecturer
- NC Bar Assoc., International Law Section; Vice Chair and Executive Council Member
- International Committee of the Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Member
Mr. Robinson is General Counsel to a number of RTP area businesses and also has been working in an management/operations role with several North Carolina-based companies. He continues to be active in international trade and is counseling several companies as they enter foreign markets.